Friday, June 14, 2013

Here is the most recent project.  So, Mikey loves the show Wild Kratts..





He discovered this while using the PBSkids App on my iPad.  These two brothers are adventurous and wear creature power suits that change them into animals that they touch (and have to have the creature disk in order to do this).

Well, he said that he wanted a creature power suit.  So, I decided to look for some toys online, but there aren't any.  I did, however, see many home-made suits.  So, I decided to make my own as well.

I used felt for the black vest and yellow felt (as mikey requested it be yellow) for the creature power suit color.  You cannot tell, but there is a zipper on the right seam so that it was "invisiible."  I sewed the whole thing by hand, including the seams and zipper.  This part took me about 2-3 hours to do, I was so surprised I was able to do it so quickly.  But what took me the longest were the creature disks.  I found templates online and then started to make my own.  After I found them, I printed them out and then laminated them.  I don't have one of those hot laminators, just bought the sticker kind.  I cut each disk and laminated them individually, when they were all laminated, I put a velcro sticker on the back so that he could stick it to the felt.  Here is my end product on my son, Mikey!





2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the creature disks? I've been looking for good ones to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a Google search for KR ATT creature Disk. After I found the disks I printed them out, Cut them out, and laminated them.

    ReplyDelete